13 May 2007

Spring Trip

Currently reading: The Quest, by Eugene Peterson.

Currently listening to: Films For Radio, by Over the Rhine.


Last month we had a spring trip for the entire school. We went to the Shanghai Museum of Science and Technology. All the parents were invited so we took three charter buses. Since I teach science, I was very excited to see what they had in terms of interactive science exhibits. I was not disappointed. The museum was right on par with what I would expect in the States. Highlights included a rain forest, a human body exhibit, a spider room, and a space floor.



A 7th grader and a 6th grader on the bridge in the rain forest.



A ceiling full of giant butterflies.



Two of my ESL students and me.



"Please don't surmount" and climb into the exhibit!



A cool 3-D molecule.



My Chinese TA and the 8th Chinese teacher and me.



A sweet picture of a huge fish tank.



Apparently I'm growing up...At the museum, in a glass case, was an Apple green screen computer. I remember playing Oregon Trail and Number Munchers on those computers in elementary school. And now it's in a museum. My, how times have changed!



A robot playing the piano.



Don't forget to "caution the step."

Making up for lost time (as always!) so more posts are coming...

rpm

No comments: