Here's some pictures to add a visual to my previous post. They are in chronological order, but just spread out over the past little while.
1. Leaving GR with 15 pieces of luggage, three adults, and four children
2. Awesome sign part I
3. I love my new digital camera...how cool is this?!? (It's a praying mantis on the playground equipment at our hotel in Beijing)
4. The old and new China (OR bicycles and busses)
5. The Four Seasons of the Grand Haven Lighthouse (see previous post, bullet #5)
6. Awesome sign part II (AKA Don't fall asleep at the wheel)
7. The Golden Arches--Chinese style
8. Wal-Mart (this picture is dedicated to my sister, Joy) [Random sidenote: I really had little reason to step foot in either of these institutions in the US, but after just a few days here, I am suddenly much less picky]
9. Shopping for fabric for the Kennedy's apt. There were so many beautiful choices!
10. Mah jong, a game similar to dominos (I think) These men were just lounging around at the fabric market...I love their pace of life!
11. The Tianjin TV tower (It's no Berlin TV tower, but I can't complain.) On a good day (ie, not huge amounts of pollution), it is visible from the apt. Note the construction in the background--China is rapidly developing, as projects like that demonstrate.